Being Fit

Most of us would love to be fit. I am no different. Being fit and healthy to me is more important than just being beautiful.

Few of us are endowed with the slim genes, many of us are not.

I for one always believed that I was one of the “endowed” ones! However as time passes and the years churn around, you realize that your endowment can soon turn into something you had from the “past ”.

And that’s when you find yourself saying OH! When I was young I was so thin, you would not recognize me from my old pictures and many such things. We find the skinny ones joining Well Fed bandwagon. Often there is a bunch of reasons to justify the transmutation.

I take pride in being fit, however am not someone who has the time or the inclination to gym. For those of you who can afford time to be at the gym, that’s a big WOW!!

Here are a few habits that I consciously follow and now fitness is a passion for me. So much so that even a day without some form of physical activity makes me dull and I feel bloated!

Take up a simple goal – I do not mean a goal like losing 5 kilos a month. That is unreal. If your goals read lose 5 kilos, 10 kilos in 6 months, then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

That may be impossible and you feel demotivated about the static weighing scale.

Some 20 minute habits that can turn into a passion or maybe obsession for fitness

Use your smart phone . Download any of the apps called – Runkeeper – there are tons of them in the play store Or you may use a pedometer to track your progress.

Create your personal Fitness Goal

50 kms in a month (Just about 3 km a day for 16 days in a month)

Sign up for a marathon -  5km, or 10 km or even the half and full marathon

The 2 hour target every week ( Cycling, swimming, badminton,  any sport)

Running 20 kms a week  < 3 kms a day

50 Suryanamaskars every week

If having a goal does not excite you, how about just ensuring a 20 minute exercise for yourself every day in some way. It could be a walk to the grocery store, an F8W (Figure of 8 Walk) indoors or outdoors, or  a ten minute walk at every Tea break.

My levels of motivation soar when I look at the distance I clock on my runkeeper app and that definitely keeps me going.

The wondrous effects  of physical activity to stress and mental health can be a separate book by itself.

Physical activity keeps your body in a fine condition and you may be able to lose weight or even gain weight (for the skinny beings) as a by-product. That I am sure would leave many of us happy.

The only disclaimer to the exercise is,  Eat to satiate your needs, for the moment you give into greed, your body starts piling up the calories.

I do not have time to exercise is like the adult version of saying my dog ate my homework ;)

So dump the resolutions and just make a schedule for yourself that you adhere to! For the Best Fashion statement you can make is having a Fit & Healthy Body.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rains of wisdom!

NO CHOICE

Musings of a Mother - Sports