Letting Go




I came across this today

“Sometimes, reaching out and taking someone's hand is the beginning of a journey.
At other times, it is allowing another to take yours.” 
― Vera Nazarian 


Such a simple looking statement with collosal meaning within it...

Sharing a few of my thoughts

I rarely allow another to take my hand (Literally and metaphorically of course!)

There are others that I trust and my blind faith in them allows me to let go and be held in different ways and spaces by that person

Some of these people are my parents, spouse, soul connects and many a time my children, and it is with these people that I feel completely at ease about just being who and what I am...

Reaching out and taking charge comes to me very naturally. It is about feeling and being powerful and the center of attention, of being the one who can hold things and emotions together even in the most vulnerable state.

I find myself in a state of contentment when I am the one who is taking someone else's hand...

For a long long time, my outlook towards life has been about being in control and stretching out my hand every time I felt someone else needed it...

At times I have let someone else take the lead and nurture me, some one who is not necessarily in my circle of trusted people, and this can also feel wonderful!

I recognize now that conceding to what you truly feel within and allowing yourself to be held renders and nourishes a warm and wonderful relationship too...


Also in perception of the fact, that its not only about people, but the events in life as well.

Several plans that have gone awry, well according to me! In hindsight though some of the best things happened to me when indeed my plans did not materialize.


To all of us out there who feel like one has to be in the driver's seat, give a shot at taking the back seat every once in a while and letting things just be...you may probably cherish the experience so try it!!




Comments

  1. Sure... Will sit in the back seat and enjoy our ride to chennai... Enough of holding back...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Rains of wisdom!

Separation Anxiety

NO CHOICE